• How can I show Australian country kids ‘I Care’?
    • The awesome part of our ‘I Care’ program is that you can turn almost any idea into a fundraiser - it’s totally up to you! You can create something new, or simply do more of what you already do. Just do it to show country kids you care!

      See some ideas at our Hints and Tips page for inspiration!

  • What support and help can I expect from Royal Far West Fundraising Support Team?
    • Our dedicated team are just a phone call away to help you plan, organise and have the best time at your event. While we’ll do our utmost to support you, we can’t attend your event or undertake tasks for you, unless previously discussed and agreed upon.

      If you have a question or need help, please call our team on 1800 961 001 - we’re happy to help!

  • Are there any rules about fundraising I should know about?
    • Yes, there are rules for fundraisers to protect you, your donors, and Royal Far West. We ask that you carefully protect our Royal Far West children and consider our health and education messages listed below, before agreeing on partnerships and holding your event:

      • Diversity of family and career home situations
      • Mental Health
      • Healthy lifestyle and eating, including alcohol consumption
      • Limitations that can present themselves from living in rural and remote country Australia

      Royal Far West and Australian fundraising law requires that expenses do not exceed 40% of your total fundraising. A great way to keep your costs down is to ask local businesses and your networks if they can donate venues, catering and prizes. Your Authority to Fundraise letter outlines other guidelines you need to abide by, and the letter can assist you in making requests for support. You will receive an Authority to Fundraise letter from us when you have registered your fundraising event or activity.

      You can email or call us at any time if you have questions about your fundraising or the guidelines. Contact us on fundraising@royalfarwest.org.au or 1800 961 001.

  • How can I promote my fundraiser?
    • Once you have created your fundraising page or received your Authority to Fundraise letter, you will be able to start planning the promotion of your fundraiser.

      Using social media is a great way to promote your event as you will have control over the images and updates you share and will be able to engage with people directly making your messages personalised.

      If you’d like to use the Royal Far West logo and or name on any printed materials such as flyers, posters etc., then an example of the material should be sent to Royal Far West for approval before use.

      You can also approach local media who may cover your fundraiser; however, it is important to familiarise yourself with the Royal Far West overall brand messaging first and you should only speak in the capacity as a supporter, not as a representative of Royal Far West. If you need any information to provide your local media, please contact us on 1800 961 001 or fundraising@royalfarwest.org.au.

  • How do I register my fundraiser online?
    • You can register anytime by clicking the ‘Start Fundraising’ button, and you’ll be able to set up your fundraising page straight away. Within a few days, you’ll be contacted by our dedicated support team and will receive your welcome pack.

  • Why do I need to register?
    • We love when people want to raise funds to help support country kids, and we want to give our fundraisers all the resources and support they need. We also have a responsibility to ensure that anyone fundraising on our behalf is doing so within the relevant guidelines and legislations, so all activities and events need to be registered prior to fundraising commencing.

      When you register your event or activity, we’ll provide you with an Authority to Fundraise letter. You can show this local businesses, donors, sponsors and other event organisers to ask for their support or donations etc.

      If you wish to discuss your fundraising idea with us before registering, we’d love to chat! Please email us at fundraising@royalfarwest.org.au or call us on 1800 961 001.

  • Can I register to fundraise if I don’t want an online fundraising page?
    • Yes, you can register by completing the Application to Fundraise Form and emailing it to us at fundraising@royalfarwest.org.au. You can also give us a call or send us an email if you want to discuss an idea before completing the form. Once you’ve registered, we’ll send you a welcome pack and your Authority to Fundraise letter.

  • Where does my fundraising money go?
    • Your money goes directly to Royal Far West to help fund our work in delivering health and wellbeing programs to children who otherwise may fall through the gaps, simply because of where they live.

      To find out more, check out the Annual Report here to see more about how many children and families Royal Far West has helped most recently.

  • Can I fundraise to support children in my local area?
    • There are many children in rural and remote Australian communities whose mental and developmental health needs are not being met. The demand for our services is growing constantly, so every dollar raised or donated is more important than ever. However, we cannot direct funds raised to helping a specific child, school or community. The money you raise will go to the area of greatest need, whether it be for services delivered in community, virtually via Telecare or at our Centre for Country Kids in Manly.

Ready to fundraise?

Get Started